Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2009

Seeking Out Your Blessings...

If you're a wife, mother, homemaker, I'm sure you can relate to what I'm about to say. There are days around here that I feel like everything is in chaos...the house stays in a perpetual mess, never stays clean for more than 2 minutes, kids don't listen, potty training is not going so well, somebody's always calling your name and you feel like screaming, but no one could hear you over the noise. It would help us, I believe, to try to actively look for the blessings in all of this. Crazy as it sounds, there are blessings there...you may have to wade through the chaos, but they are there...So, this morning, I am going to share the blessings I have found and I would encourage you to do the same.

Thank You Lord for mountains of laundry. Because it means I have been blessed with a family! A husband who messes up work clothes because he's blessed to have a job again and kids thatare healthy and can run around and get dirty.

Thank You Lord for an unending stream of picking up. Because it mean Ihave , not only been blessed with a home, but a slew of material possessions that manage to make their way into the floor.

Thank You Lord for a sink that is NEVER void of dirty dishes because it means that my family is well fed and we are not hungry. A sink full of dishes mean a fullfillment of the promise YOU made to provide for our needs.

Help Me, O Lord, to seek out the blessings in the midst of the chaos...
Have a blessed day...

No comments:

Post a Comment