Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Love a Good Ole Fashioned Dunkin' !

Sunday proved to be a beautiful day for a river baptism. I had been looking forward to the Sunday all week, the Lord was just so good to me! So after morning service and lunch, we joined our church family and a crowd of others down to Wolf River in Pall Mall. I love the Grist Mill area there and the water wasn't as cold as the dunkees were expecting. I remember my own baptism there almost 7 years ago. I was 8 months pregnant with Lillie Anna and I remember gettin down in that cold water and she seized up in my belly. I have a picture from that day and Lillie always asks who was in my belly when I got dunked. We had 5 get baptized, one being my lovely sister-in-law and three of the best young ladies I know. So here's the pics, excuse the horrid quality...my old camera doesn't zoom well and I couldn't get any closer or I'd been in the water...not something I want to do again.
Some Before Shots...
Here They GO!
One....
Two...
Three... Next....

And the littlest dunkee of the day...










Waterlogged... My father-in-law was telling us that night at service that a couple from Ohio commented that they really enjoyed watching the baptism...said that where they were from they had outlawed river baptism...what a shame. Other than seeing someone get saved it's one of the biggest blessings to be a part of.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment