Search This Blog

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Homeschool A Go-Go

I've said before that one of the many things I love about homeschooling is the freedom. By freedom I don't mean the liberty to do or not do schoolwork. I am a firm believer that if you choose to homeschool, you need to be very dilligent, very professional and school with integrity. The freedom I'm talking about is the kind that on a beautiful day, when the school work is done (or at least where you can pickup on it later) I can head outside or to town with my kids. I don't have to wait until 2:50 in the afternoon in a school pick-up line to spend time with my children. I can invest every waking moment I have in them if I so choose. Tuesday, I went to my dad's house to meet up with my sister and her kids. We had a great time. The older three did schoolwork, while the younger 4 hung out and played. Then we all went outside for a nature walk. The kids found a monsterous mountain of dirt and they had a blast getting as dirty as possible. Here is a slide show of some pictures from our day. A few on the end of the slide show are from a trip Jody and I took with the kids to our neighborhood playground Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment