Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

I Have Somebody With Me...

Life is full of firsts...last night I attended church in a house. I have been blessed with a wonderful church family and, being between buildings, we met at my in law's house last night. No one knew quite what to expect, but the Lord met with us and I think we all got the strength and encouragement we were needing.
This experience got me thinking about 1 Corinthians 3:16...
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the spirit of God dwelleth in you?"
What a blessing this verse has been to me through the last couple of weeks. God's word has a way of doing that , doesn't it? Through salvation I lost so much (my overwhelming burden of sin) but gained so much, as well. Eternal life, joy in the midst of troubles, and the knowledge that I take God with me...that I don't have to be in a temple, or a church house...sitting on a padded pew or at a man made altar to worship God! I can be in the van with a bunch of screaming kids...washing dishes, in the cereal isle or in a house church setting as was last night. The main ingredient in worship is the prescence of the Holy Spirit and I take it with me wherever I go...what a huge blessing that is.
In the scripture where Jesus speaks with the woman at the well he tells her "...believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in tis mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem worship the Father...but the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." All you need is the Spirit and a heart tuned to God to worship the creator of all...how amazing is that?

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment