Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Must Read Blog Post for Homeschoolers and Those Pondering Home Education.

I have had the opportunity to talk to several moms about my choice to homeschool. They have all been very interested, but one thing holds them back. They simply don't believe themselves capable of teaching their own children. Well, I'm here to say that you don't have to have degrees all over the place (or even a high school diploma) to educate your children. Now, legally, it may come to that (let's pray it never does), but as of right now, we enjoy the freedom of being able to take charge of our children's education. I've said it before, it's not for everyone. And circumstances sometimes prohibit a family who wants to school their children to not be able to. But incapability is not one of them. Read this post from The Common Room and I assure you, it will open your eyes to alot of things. You may just realize (if you haven't already) that there is no other option for you but to be bulldoggish and selfish with the children you've been given charge over. Whether publically educated, or home educated parents should and need to be in the drivers seat of their kids development and education. The stories in this post are not isolated and more prevalent than I like to think.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh... that one made me wnat to throw up (more so than I already do).

    ReplyDelete