Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Liberty and Mercy For All...


Happy Fourth to you all! I have decided to take this opportunity to ramble and muse a bit. Tommorrow, we celebrate our liberty in this country. Let me make one thing clear...I love this country. Love what it was established on. We (the human race , in general) have messed it up in many ways, but I'm still thankful to live here. Though I can see our first liberties slipping away slowly, no one forbids me from reading my King James Bible, or going to church as many times as I want to. No one has punished me for praying.
But I want to muse about a different kind of liberty I enjoy as a born again child of God. It's a liberty that can never be taken away, because Jesus lives inside.
January 2003, I surrendered my will to His, repented and turned my life over to Jesus. That was the day I truly tasted freedom.
The definition of liberty is the state of being free. In the book of 2 Corinthians Chapter 3, verse 17 says "Now the Lord is that Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." That tells me that the only place true and complete liberty or freedom can be found , is in the Lord. I was in bondage to sin and the law, the law of God I couldn't possible keep. But Jesus freed me. I was a servant to sin, but now am a servant to Jesus. Romans 6:18 "Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness." Now, wait a second? If I'm a servant to someone, am I not still in bondage? Romans 6:20-22 says "For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. But now, being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." True liberty, therefore, is found in servitude to God. Sounds kinda paradoxal, doesn't it? If I'm gonna be a servant to anyone, I want it to be to the God of the universe who is able to keep me and protect me. The best master you'll ever have is the Lord. There is joy and peace in the salvation of the Lord. I found that salvation, and I'd not trade it for the world. I am free because of Him. Have a blessed and happy 4th. My prayer will be that everyone can find the freedom I have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment