Search This Blog

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Past...

Well, another Christmas has come and gone. Once again, I have found myself buried in toys and candy. Had a great Christmas and got to have alot of fun with family. Christmas Eve, we headed to my sister's house. We decided to kick tradition in the teeth and have Stroud's BBQ for supper and in the process may have started a new tradition. It was sooooooo good. Played Christmas songs and hymns on the guitars and banjo and my poor left hand is still stiff and swelled where I haven't played that much in years. Here's pics of the fun going down at Leila's..
This is Baby Lauren, who is battling another case of thrush so has to scoot around with purple lips...She's still cute though.Here's Leila reading us all some Christmas stories. I think this will be a annual tradition with our family from here on out...

Jody has become really interested in playing chess, so I got him a nice glass chess set. Here he is imposing his will on the kids, Kasey in particular...Sophia lovin' her dolly....Chef Lillie in her flashy pink chef's hat ...Mom with all her grand babies ultrasound pics...Jackson with his basketball game...Now, just for kicks... I present to you "Anatomy of a Fit" starring Chloe...The wringing of the hands...The opening of the mouth... the shot of the tonsils...Look at those precious little hands balled up into fists...All this drama cause I told her she couldn't have any candy until she ate some breakfast! Sheesh!

Well, Christmas day we headed to Jody's mom and dad's. Everyone's had the stomach virus so we decided to eat light this Christmas. We had sandwiches, which was fine by me cause I'm a big fan of big Christmas dinner, but not such a fan of the after big Christmas dinner Kitchen Duty. My sis in law , Shanna brought over some bbq made from antelope and before you curl up your lips, it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. No one could be more surprised than me. Jason and Cassie and Olivia couldn't be with us, cause Livy was not feeling good. I can tell you one thing, when your family is close like mine is when someone is not there, you really miss them and are very aware of their absence. I'll take this time to say to Jay and Cassie and Livy, "We sure did miss ya'll!" Still had a good time opening gifts and watching the children's antics.

Poppy D in camo...we can still see you...you weren't gettin' out of it that easy! Paul with his headlights (literally)
Here's the boys screaming "Merry Christmas" at the neighborhood...



Scoots and Chloe fighting over the chair massager...Hey kids...you're supposed to be RELAXING! Chloe got her first haircut... Nanny with her babie's...well some of them anyway.

Here's the finished dolls I promised...

I sure hope your Christmas was as fun and action-packed as mine. I always hate to see Christmas go, means another year is come and gone and I'm reminded that time is still going on, whether I want it to or not and I must live everyday as if it were my last. Many thanks to my whole family, both sides, for their love and goodness this Christmas. Blessings, Della.










3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I hope and pray that you all have a wonderful New year, Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks like everyone had a good time! I am loving those dolls! Where did you find the pattern is that felt for their hair? Soooo cute.
    We have been busy and Andy is still off work so I haven't been on the computer much. You know how that goes.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great post and another great Christmas! Love ya' sis!

    ReplyDelete