Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Musings of a Last Time Baby Momma...

After the first two days back home, things have fallen easily into place (which by the way makes me nervous). The new has worn off and the kids have resumed their normal mode of craziness, the house is staying relatively clean and tidy, and last night Ty woke up at 1 and 5 and sleeps most of the day which is cool with me cause I can get things done.


But this morning Jack asked me if I was ever gonna stop holding Tyler. I had to smile as I explained that I don't hold him ALL the time, but that he's a baby and can't do much for himself right now.

Then the thought came to me...this is the last baby I will have (as far as flesh and blood babies go). And though I have no qualms about the decision, this realization has changed the way I think and deal with things.

With the other three, there was never that thought of this is the final chapter of babies...there was always that chance. So I remember bits and pieces of when they were babies, mostly cause I was so busy trying to figure motherhood out and finding my niche and keeping it all together as best I could, that babyhood flew right past me before I could blink an eye. Three seasons passed by and I didn't make the best of that time.

So I resolved this morning that I will enjoy this season. All the dirty diapers, the late nights up, the fussiness in the morning, the sweet little kisses and smiles and squeaks and grunts. It is a season afterall, and a short one at that. And when that last diaper goes into the trash , the last bottle emptied, the baby clothes given away, I will be able to look back and say that I didn't endure this time, but enjoyed it to the fullest.
Have a Blessed Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes..now you know how I feel..my last baby is 3 and a half now. Bye Bye diapers for us bottles, pacifiers have been gone for some time and well its just plain sad some days. To know that for sure you will NEVER EVER get to go through that stage again is well life changing yes.
    So glad things are going so well want to come see you just haven't been able to get there. Forgot we had a dr appt today in nashville.
    love you all
    Joy

    ReplyDelete