Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rising Out of the Ashes


Today, we did some workbook pages and Lillie continued to practice reading her new memory verse. I also had her do a CVC (Consonant-Vowel-Consonant) worksheet for some letter sound practice. Jack worked on his number caterpillar
Okay, now I am totally convinced that DLTK-Kids has a craft project for every topic known to man. You think I'm kidding. I read the kids "The Firebird" by Jane Yolen and was having no luck finding an easy craft to go along. I finally, in a last ditch effort, checked DLTK and , guess what! Those guys can make a toilet paper roll into anything. They had a section devoted solely to the firebird (or phoenix). I highly recommend you check them out if you are not familiar with their site.
This is Lillie's TP Roll Firebird.

This is Jack's cut and paste firebird.

I was never quite sure of what a firebird actually was (aside from a car). For those of you who don't know, it is a mythilogical bird that , when ready to die, builds a nest (as legend goes)of cinnamon twigs and sets itself on fire. It burns to ashes and a new firebird is born out of the ashes. I learn something new everyday. I love school!
Here is a picture that shows what Jack did while we did workbook pages. I tell you, they'll ship anything these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment